Tuesday, August 16, 2011

[Wiggly Butts] #8 - American Eskimo sketch!

So I revisited an old forum where I've been a member since 2009 -- Puppy & Dog Forum. It's a great little place filled with dog lovers where everyone goes to talk about dogs (no matter the breed). Having a great amount of success showing off Wiggly Butts to my (favorite) Labrador Forum, I figured people who are interested in ALL breeds would love these guys! So it was back to the Puppy & Dog Forums I went, logging in for the first time in quite a while. I made the thread, went off to work, and came back to my account banned permanently. The reason? "Spamming." Um, no.

In the thread, I mentioned that I would be offering these guys to those interested (for money), and I also put a link to my blog for people who wanted to see my progress/how I do it. I've been a member there since 2009, so it's been a while since I read the rules. Well, I went back to read them and noticed that we were not allowed to post links to any of our websites or whatever -- it would be considered "spam." That's what I was banned for (spamming).

So I get an email from one of the forum members who happened to see the thread -- she was interested in having me draw the American Eskimo! She mentioned that the mods had just banned another 2009 member because she was asking for votes for a contest she was in. Really? Is it really that horrific that she was asking a large community she has been a part of for so many years to help her out? People over at the Lab Board do it all the time -- it's great! And the worst part about it is that there was nothing in the rules saying that she wasn't allowed to do that -- it wasn't until AFTER they banned her that a mod (who sure loves being a mod) posted a sticky saying "no contest recruiting allowed." What jerks! If they don't allow that stuff (although it's silly that they don't...), there should at least be warnings given out. Myself and the other person who was banned have been members for years, we obviously weren't trying to cause any trouble, otherwise we would have been banned a long time ago. Those mods are power happy, I think (actually, I know so after going through the posts of one of them).

But to get to the actual point of this post, I wanted to show off the American Eskimo sketch. This little guy was surely a challenge! I'm not sure how well I did in making it look like an Eski, but I'm sure he will look better when he's all colored like an Eski. If anyone has any suggestions to improve him, please comment and let me know!

1 comment: